Disclaimer: Okay, so I cheated a bit and got this picture from Pinterest because I take awful pics! Mine does look pretty much like this though.
When I want, no, need something that reminds me of home, my Grandma’s cooking, and that elusive feeling of unconditional acceptance and love, I’m guilty of turning to food. I admit it. My pets are awesome and extraordinary, but even they can’t take the place of that delectable taste in my mouth, chewing, and ingesting hot, spicy love – Creole spaghetti. Takes me back to those cherished moments sitting beside my Grandma as we whipped up our own southern kind of spicy. Here’s the recipe. Let me know what you think if you get a chance to try it.
Raye’s Meaty Cheesy Creole Spaghetti
1Lb. Ground Turkey
2 Lb. medium Shrimp
1 – 2 Large Onions (to your taste)
2 Large Bell Peppers
1/2 – 4 oz. jar of Minced Garlic
1/2 pack of Spaghetti (about 1/2 Lb.)
1 Can of Campbell’s Cheddar Cheese Soup
1 cup Hot Salsa (more if you like it hotter)
Tiger sauce to taste (for added spice after dish is served)
1 jar of Classico Roasted Garlic Alfredo Sauce
1 jar of Spaghetti Sauce w/vegetables ( I like extra sauce so I use 2)
Butt Rub OR Blackened Seasoning
1.Spaghetti texture is key, so take care of that first. Boil spaghetti until it’s done but still firm. Remove from heat, drain, separate lightly with fork and let stand in colander uncovered.
2. Slice bell pepper and onion in large pieces and set aside.
3. Place frozen shrimp in covered microwave safe dish, add a few drops of water, and heat for 3 – 4 minutes (in microwave) until light pink.
4. Start browning ground turkey in large skillet while shrimp heats, add sliced bell pepper and onion, and season to taste with Butt Rub OR Blackened Seasoning. Mix and stir occasionally until done.
5. Drain shrimp, remove tails, and add to skillet with ground turkey. Mix thoroughly.
6. Slice turkey sausage into bite-size pieces, DO NOT add water, heat 1 – 2 minutes in microwave.
7. Place turkey sausage, ground turkey mixture, and spaghetti in large stock pot, add minced garlic, cheddar cheese soup, salsa, alfredo sauce, and spaghetti sauce. Mix well and heat 10 – 15 minutes.
Follow Me On BookBub
“A Darker Shade of Evil: A Demon and Devil Anthology” Trailer